Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Yet Another Period Drama Tag

I know I've done period drama tags before but there's another one out there and I'm bound and determined to do it!

What's your favorite period drama movie?

I know it's a mini-series but forever and always the 1995 version of Pride and Prejudice.

What's your favorite period drama series?

TV series I'm thinking they're meaning? Either Call the Midwife or Lark Rise to Candleford. I love them both. Merlin is also kind of a period drama show though and I love that one too so... Don't make me chose! 

Which period drama do you dislike the most?

It's a tie between the 2005 Pride and Prejudice and the 2007 Mansfield Park. I loathe them pretty equally. 

Anne of Green Gables or Little Dorrit?

An incredibly unfair question! I grew up with Anne of Green Gables and It's always been a part of my life so I have very sentimental feelings for it. However, Little Dorrit I was only introduced to in the last couple years. Nevertheless I think Little Dorrit is the better show. 

Your favorite period drama dresses?

These two! I basically love everything in Molly Gipson's and Elizabeth Bennet's wardrobes. 

Who's your favorite period drama character? (okay pick at least five)

Ladies- Elizabeth Bennet, Molly Gipson, Amy Dorrit, Esther Summers and Anne Shirley. 
Men- Mr. Darcy, Mr. Knightley, Gabriel Oak, Sir Percy Blakeney and Henry Tilney. 

If you could join a royal ball, which dress would you go in? (pick a period drama dress) 

I don't know! There's not any specifically "ball dresses" that stick out to me so I'm going with this one of Molly's from Wives and Daughters. 


What's your favorite Jane Austen movie?

Well obviously as mentioned above the 1995 version of Pride and Prejudice but since I've already used that once I'll mention my second favorite which I think would be the 2007 version of Northanger Abbey though I also really enjoy both the 1995 and 2008 versions of Sense and Sensibility. 

Downtown Abbey or Call the Midwife?

As I haven't seen any Downtown Abbey I'll have to go with Call the Midwife. :) 

Sybil Crawley, Jenny Lee, Emma Woodhouse or Marian of Knighton?

Jenny Lee hands down! 

Which couple from a period drama do you like the most? (pick at least four) 

So many! I narrowed it down as best as I can. 

Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice


Molly Gibson and Roger Hamley from Wives and Daughters


Amy Dorrit and Arthur Clenham from Little Dorrit


Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables

Alfie and Minnie from Lark Rise to Candleford

Shelagh and Patrick from Call the Midwife (I also love Chummy and Peter but I only wanted to include one of the couples so I sided with Shelagh and Patrick)



At last, which period drama villain do you like the most? 

Probably Lady Catherine de Bourgh. She makes me laugh. 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Love this! I am not sure I could narrow down my answers as well as you do! By the way, I am hosting a reading challenge for tea-lovers if you're interested... http://blbooks.blogspot.com/2016/11/2017-share-tea-reading-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I hadn't thought of Lady Catherine for a villain(ess). Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Anne and Gilbert are so cute. Good answer. :)

    And Lady Catherine is hilarious, among other things.

    Would you mind terribly if I took the tag? There's a few others I'm behind on, so it could be a while(if ever) but this one rather entices me. :D

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...