Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday- Beach Reads

I'm not going anywhere near a beach this summer (Hello! I live in Kansas!) but I do like to kickback with a book and pretend I'm on a beach. ;) Therefore, here's my list of books I want to kickback with this summer and read for pure enjoyment. No hefty non-fiction on this list. :)

First Time Reads

  1. Waverley by Sir Walter Scott
  2. Stranger from the Tonto by Zane Grey
  3. The Once and Future King by T.H. White
  4. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
  5. The Wolf and the Warden King by Andrew Peterson 
Re-Reads
  1. The Jeeves and Wooster series by P.G. Wodehouse
  2. Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne
  3. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
  4. Heidi by Johanna Spyri 
  5. The Pushcart War by Jean Merrill 
Here's to pure summer bliss. :)


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

9 comments:

  1. I hear you, no hefty reads when it comes to summer reading! (though whilst putting together my summer TBR list for a later TTT, I noticed I'll be trying to tackle a few thicker historical fiction titles this year xD) Great list, happy reading :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just re-read Heidi Grows up and read Heidi's Children for the first time! I'd say they're not quite as good as Heidi, but still wonderful reads about a girl I love in a place I'd like to visit. =) It's very nice to find a booklist that's a mix of classics and currents. Found you through Top Ten Tuesday link up. Happy summer reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I absolutely adore the Once and Future King--hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Once and Future King is on my tbr. There are a lot of great classics in this list! I hope you have a great summer!

    Stacy Renee @ Lazy Day Literature

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Cinder earlier this year and it wasn't one of my favourites, but hopefully you will like it more than I did!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/05/31/top-ten-tuesday-59/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely read The Warden and the Wolf King! It's very well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many good books on this list! The Pushcart War is awesome. That would definitely make a fun summer reread.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Once and Future King! And Cinder too! You are going to enjoy them so much <3 <3

    I'm also planning to read some Wodehouse this summer, but for the first time. My friend got me one of the Jeeves books as a birthday present a few years ago, but it wasn't the first and I wanted to do it right and start from the beginning. And Winnie the Pooh and Narnia will always be my top two childhood-memory books. Those are calling for a reread quite soon!

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...