Monday, August 24, 2015

Bout of Books August 2015 Wrap Up and Beat the Heat Readathon Kick Off

Today marks the end of Bout of Books and the beginning of the Beat the Heart Readathon!
For Bout of Books I read:

  • Germinal (It's entirety)
  • Jo's Boys (seven chapters) (audiobook) (re-read)
  • Peter Duck (six chapters) (re-read)
  • Emma (five chapters) (re-read)
Yeah.... I re-read a lot! 

For Beat the Heat so far I've read:
  • Jo's Boys (1 chapter) (audiobook) (re-read)
  • A Child's History of England by Charles Dickens (three chapters)

I'm loving that these readathons are encouraging me to read more and hopefully I'll continue to keep up with it after the readathons are done. :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm having difficulty with my reading schedule at the moment. School's about to start back up for me, so I kind of just want to focus on whichever books I really want to read now, whether they're re-reads or first-timers. But I've been trying to follow C. S. Lewis's advice about not reading another new book until you've read an old one in between, and...I'm just not sure what I want to do right now. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Re-read Pride and Prejudice... .that's always a good option. ;)
      Find another old favorite that is maybe short and read it just to kind of get in the mood for reading again and then go from there. :)

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...