Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Emma 200th Anniversary Read-Along

A few weeks ago I mentioned I would be hosting an Emma read-along but life got in the way with two family weddings so I'm now finally getting around to setting it up!
I was already thinking about re-reading Jane Austen's novel Emma this year but then I found out that this year is the 200th anniversary of it's being published I knew a read-along was in order!
Now I've never hosted a read-along before so be patient with me... please? :)

The schedule I'm going to try for is five chapters a week for a total of fifty-five chapters and eleven weeks of reading.  At the end of every week I'll post about the five chapters we read that week and hopefully have some deep questions for y'all to ponder and comment on. At the end, I think a giveaway would be in order. :) So be sure to share this delightful news with your friends and family and be sure yourself to join in for this fun read-along! :)

NEXT MONDAY (July 6th) we are starting!
If you want to do a guest post comment and let me know and we can get in touch. I would love to see some film reviews and character reviews. I know everyone has their favorite film version of Emma so I think it will be interesting to compare.

So if you're interested in joining up with this fun read-along be sure to comment! If you aren't sure yet that's fine. I know everyone has a busy schedule during the summer. I don't expect you to comment on every post related to the read-along I post nor do I expect you to perfectly adhere to the schedule. The idea is that readers from all around the world come together to read a book and participate in discussing it.
So grab your copy of Emma and next week let's start reading!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

26 comments:

  1. Oooooh lovely lovely lovely! *grabs copy and places by laptop* =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Supercilious Emma Woodhouse!. Aww I never liked her. Hmm.. but that was long long ago ;) . Hope reading it again might change my opinion ;). Let's see :D

    Waiting for 6th July...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is probably my least favorite Auaten heroine. However, Me Knightley is my favorite Austen hero so...

      Delete
  3. Ooooooh. Um. Can I tentatively join in? If I can polish off a couple books I have going right now first? Regardless, I'm posting about this on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tentativeness is always acceptable. :)
      Thank you

      Delete
  4. Lois -- thanks so much for reminding me! And I love your button. ;) Life's pretty full right now, but I'd definitely love to tag along if I can. We shall see.... hoping! And meanwhile, I've put your button and link up on my sidebar. :)

    Last fall I also hosted a week long Emma party so I actually have a bunch of posts on her/the story here: http://ladyofanorien.blogspot.com/search/label/Emma%20Week. (You actually have to scroll down and hit "Older" to get all of them -- I think there were about 14 total.) If it's not too wild of a suggestion, I'd be open to sharing some of those as guest posts over here if you like. Let me know and maybe we can work something out if you're interested and end up needing some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'd love to use those as guest posts! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I'll try. I reread all of Austen's novels last year. (Which was great fun.) If I don't have time for the book itself, I'll try to make time for one of the movie adaptations. I look forward to the discussion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Movie adaptations are always a great standby when you don't have time to read the book. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh, by the way, have you seen the "Emma Approved" adaptation by Pemberley Digital?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't yet but I need to get around to it! They're the ones that made the Lizzy Bennet Diaries right? I saw those and I liked them so I"m sure I'll like Emma Approved as well. :)

      Delete
  7. Oooh, yay!!!! Hmm. I thiiiiink I'm going to TRY to do this...I have a rather busy "summer reading schedule," but I think I can squeeze this in;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to be a part of this and participate!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Say--I don't think I shall have time to re-read Emma this summer, but I have read it a good many times before, and I also just watched the '09 movie for the first time. Is it okay if I comment anyways, sometimes? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd absolutely love to have your input Jessica! You're welcome to join in! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks awfully much! I do love Emma--it's a great novel :-)

      Delete
  10. This looks like it will be a ton of fun! I can't wait for Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to take part in this, this will be my first Austen novel and read along too! :-) Thanks for hosting this, I'm super excited!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I hope you enjoy it! It is one of the harder Austen novels to get into but I think it has a lot of wisdom to share.

      Delete
  12. I'm in! Since I just discovered this post when I got back from vacation, I'm already a week behind. But I'm sure I'll catch up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! You're a fast reader so I'm sure you'll catch up soon. :)

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...