Monday, March 23, 2015

It's Monday! Where did Spring Break Go?

And just like that Spring Break has passed and it's back to school today! :( I had a marvelous time though and was able to spend a lot of time with my little sister and the rest of my family while also doing some (probably not enough) school work. I was also able to finish up season three and start season four of Leverage, which is my new obsession. With my little sister I watched Ever After, which I only had ever watched once before years ago. I thought it was better this second time than the first time but it's still only a so-so movie but quite sweet. :) The family all watched The Scarlet Pimpernel together, which is a family favorite. It has sparked a longing to re-read the book as soon as possible, which is perfect as I was already planning on re-reading it this year. We also got to watch Star Wars: A New Hope! :) Additionally, after long last, I got around to watching The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies. It was way worse than I thought it would be. :( Worse than The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.... which is saying something. My brother and I groaned though the whole movie.... it's what we get for being book purists... but even without the book, it's not a great movie. :(

Finished this Week (with all the reading I got done this week I'm on track according to Goodreads!!!) 

  • To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (re-read)- Read my glowing review HERE
  • Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift (re-read)- Read my raging rant HERE
  • Rainbow Valley by L.M. Montgomery (re-read)
  • The Importance of Being Ernest by Oscar Wilde (audiobook)

Currently Reading

  • The Valley of Vision
  • Rilla of Ingleside  by L.M. Montgomery (re-read)

Coming Soon

  • The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy (re-read)
Also be sure to check out The Bookshelf Tag

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. I still haven't read To Kill a Mockingbird. I had hoped to fit it in sometime last year but wasn't able too. I'll have to try again this year. You watched more movies last week than I have watched in the last year. I keep meaning to watch The Hobbit movies since it has been years since I read the book. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I normally don't get to watch that many movies. Spring break gave me too much time! ;)

      Delete
  2. I gave up on The Hobbit movies after the second one. There's no excuse for such terrible movies except wanting to make more money. So sad. I haven't read The Scarlet Pimpernel yet, but it's definitely one I'd like to get to soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to give up but I felt I needed closure... Unfortunately it wasn't good closure. :(

      Delete
  3. My favourite book of the Anne series of Rilla of Ingleside. It was heart achingly beautiful. It's great that you're re-reading! It is something I've been longing to do, but I get to pick those old books up rarely. I have so much new stuff on my shelves, I feel guilty picking up an old one. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I know I shouldn't be picking up old ones with everything else I have to read but I can never resist. :)

      Delete
  4. Couldn't believe when I saw this post!! Good thing I hadn't just taken a sip of Mountain Dew, because it probably would've been on my screen. :-O

    You are watching and obesessed with... Leverage?! No way, I was just vaguely thinking about it the other day after seeing the old favorite TV shows post, never imagined you'd be a fan of that too! ;-) (And I had just found another new blog 2 weeks ago where the latest post had a blurb about it and I think that was the first time I've seen it mentioned.)

    That was one of my faves too. (Although I still haven't watched the last 4-5 episodes, LOL.) Hardison was the funniest to me, since I'm kinda like the white version of that, haha. :-P

    Really loved the first couple seasons, but think the second half [of the series] started falling apart. Not as wowed or impressed by the cons, not as much heart, nor the humor and laugh-out-loud moments (mostly from Hardison) like when it was fresh, but kept watching anyway. :^) Or maybe it was just me...?

    Curious what you think after/now that you're heading into that part. :-)


    But basically, WOW. :O) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd have to agree... I haven't been as wowed with the season four episodes so far.
      Hardison, Elliot, and Parker are my favorites. They make me laugh so much. :)

      Delete
  5. Whoa, WHOA, LEVERAGE!!!! 0.0

    I LOVE THAT SHOW. What even--I'm so glad you like it, too! It's so under appreciated:( But isn't it just splendiferous?

    Parker's my favorite:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is totally under appreciated! Parker is probably my favorite but I love Hardison and Elliot a lot too!

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...