Sunday, February 15, 2015

It's Monday! So much to do, so little time

With this being my last semester of nursing school, there are all of these extra papers and other odds and ends that are getting thrown into our course work to round us out before we graduate. I may be alone in this but I actually kind of prefer it when our grades are mostly tests with maybe a small paper or project as well. I don't like getting bogged down with "busy work" that really doesn't contribute much to our overall learning and doesn't seem to be making us prepared to be better nurses. The class content and our clinical (practical experience) seem to be the most important and at least help me the most. However, alas, they didn't take my view into consideration. ;) So... rant over.
Reading has been pretty good though. I actually can't find my family's copy of Watership Down so I'm thinking I may have to check it out from the library. :( On the other hand, I may just read something else for the Monthly Key Word challenge (which is what I'm reading it for) but I really want to re-read it so we'll see. Listening to the Anne of Green Gables series has been going well and has reminded me why I love those book so much. :) All of the chapters are about 15-25 minutes long, which is perfect for my driving time.
Also, I finished watching Firefly, which I loved! The fact that it was canceled after one season makes me mad! I already miss it! :( However, I did start Leverage, which is great as well but a different kind of show. I'm steadily becoming addicted to it. :( Just what I need to eat up my study time. ;)

Finished this week

  • none

Currently Reading

  • Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery (re-read) (audiobook)
  • The Valley of Vision
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte- The first book that I've disliked but I'm eagerly turning the pages to find out what happens. 

Coming Soon (hopefully)

  • Watership Down by Richard Adamas (re-read)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

16 comments:

  1. I loved Firefly as well. I can't remember if I mentioned this before, but make sure you watch the movie Serenity - based on the show. It ties up some loose ends etc.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually watched Serenity before watching the show. My Dad's a big fan of it and was trying to get me interested in it and I guess he thought watching Serenity first was the best choice. It worked obviously but also spoiled a lot of stuff for me. :( However, I hope to re-watch Serenity soon to see how my perspective of it has changed since I've watched the show.

      Delete
  2. I like your description of Wuthering Heights. I don't think I've seen it described quite like that before!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the best way I could think up to describe it. It's just really weird. :)

      Delete
  3. Wuthering Heights was one of the first classics my book club read - most everyone disliked it but I liked it just because I finished it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice to finish books and that does put a positive spin on them. :)

      Delete
  4. Wuthering Heights is a very annoying book, I agree. It felt like a young teen angsty version of what they thought adult romance & passion would be like! But now that I'm much older, I wonder if I could apprecaite it for it's gothic thrill instead?

    I'll watch out for your review :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might. It definitely has something to it that is keeping me turning the pages. But yes, teens! Ah! I can see why it's "Edward and Bella's favorite book". :(

      Delete
  5. I read Wuthering Heights for the first time last year and did not like it. I do not understand how it is considered a romance. Their relationship is so dysfunctional and abusive. I hope you enjoy it more than I did. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It just doesn't strike me as a romance at this point. None of the characters seem to have real love for each other and they're all incredibly selfish.

      Delete
  6. Am a big Firefly fan. Totally agree it was madness to cancel it. I remember crying through most of Watership Down. I am not sure why because I don't remember the story but also not sure I want to read it again. Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madness indeed! :( It was such a great show!
      I remember Watership Down had a sad ending but I can't remember what exactly happens. That's why I should re-read it!

      Delete
  7. OHHH L. M. Montgomery!! Another kindred spirit! I hope to see you around my blog

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember feeling meh about Wuthering Heights when I read it. Probably means it's time that I revisit it and give it another chance...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's always fair to give books a second chance... I doubt I'll ever want to with Wuthering Heights though. We'll see. :)

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...