Saturday, August 9, 2014

Classics Club Spin #2

Time for another Classics Club Spin! I'm going to make a list of twenty books off of my Classics Club book list and then on Monday the number that is spun I'm going to read that book off my list. I'll then have to read that book by October 6th. We'll see how it goes!

Books I'm excited about! 
1) Pygmilion Bernard Shaw
2) Armadale by Wilkie Collins
3) The Way We Live Now by Anthony Trollope
4) The Importance of Being Ernest by Anthony Trollope
5) Arsenic and Old Lace by Joseph Kesselring
Book's I'm Neutral About
6) For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway
7) As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner
8) An American Tragedy by Theodore Dreiser
9) Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
10) Bridge on the River Kwai Pierre Boulle
Books I'm Dreading Reading
11) Shirley by Charlotte Bronte
12) Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
13) Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevesky
14) Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
15) War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
Books I'm Intrigued to Read
16) Dracula by Bram Stoker
17) The Time Machine by H.G. Wells
18) Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
19) Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
20) The Lost World by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

11 comments:

  1. Good luck with your spin on Monday. I love the spins - it's a great way to catch up with lots of new bloggers too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We share The Way We Live Now, An American Tragedy, and Crime and Punishment... different numbers though. Good luck on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Maybe we'll end up with the same book. ;)

      Delete
  3. Arsenic and Old Lace is a book! That's cool! I really want to see the movie! Good luck with your spin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I love Rebecca and read a collection of short stories by du Maurier that was amazing. Apparently she wrote the story that inspired Hitchcock's The Birds. I had no idea Arsenic and Old Lace was a book. I will have to add that to my wishlist. The movie is truly Cary Grant at his comic best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize Arsenic and Old Lace was a book until recently myself. It is one of my favorite movies and I agree... Cary Grant at his comic best. :)

      Delete
  5. I really like your list! War and Peace was an excellent novel but I can understand dreading the length of it. I've never been fond of Hemingway but I just read The Old Man and the Sea and loved it so I'm open to reading more of his works. Oh fun! ….. Pygmalion! I'd like to read this too at some point.

    I hope you have a great spin, Lois, and get the book that you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will enjoy War and Peace but the length does intimidate me a little. However, if I've read Dickens I figure I can read War and Peace. :)

      Delete
  6. Ooohh... some very long books on the list! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...