Sunday, June 23, 2013

Recipe- Creamy Avocado Pasta

It's like having guacamole on pasta, which is probably healthier than having it on chips. I really enjoyed it (I mean come on, guacamole on pasta!) and so did everyone else that ate it. I can't wait to try it again! What's great about it is the avocado sauce replaces the normally fatteningly delicious alfredo sauce giving a far healthier alternative that still tastes amazing.
I did make some changes. The original recipe doesn't call for any meat but the person I got it from added shrimp. I am not a shrimp fan so I used a couple cubed and boiled chicken breasts instead. I also didn't bake the tomatoes. I don't like extra dishes or extra time. That's just me. I also omitted the pine nuts as we didn't have any and I'm not that crazy about them either.
So here's the original recipe, change as you will.

Creamy Avocado Pasta
Ingredients
10-12 smal Campari tomatoes, quartered (I eigthed them)
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
4 servings Fettuccine noodles (about half a packet)
2 ripe avocados, seed and skin removed
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 tsp salt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup pine nuts
grated fresh parmesan (I used about 1/2 cup)
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350˚.
Wash and quarter the tomatoes. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil. Bake for an hour in the oven.
Cook fettuccine until al dente following the directions on the box.
In a food processor, combine remaining two tablespoons of olive oil, garlic cloves, lemon juice, and avocados. Pulse until the ingredients are smooth and creamy (I didn't have very ripe avocados so I ended up adding a little water to smooth it out).
Strain the pasta and combine with the avocado sauce in large bowl. Add tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and pine nuts as well as salt and pepper to taste.
EAT!!!!

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...